Highcroft is proud to have one of the best exotic species veterinary services in the UK, providing referral level care for all exotic species including a 24hour 7 days a week emergency service. We treat everything from rabbits and small furries to exotic mammals, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, amphibians and fish.
Our dedicated team is led by Sonya Miles BVSc CertAVP (ZM) CertAqV MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner in Zoological Medicine and WAVMA Certified Aquatic Species Veterinarian. Sonya is closely supported by two dedicated exotic species interns Amy Reynolds BVetMed MRCVS and Caoimhe Hodgins MVB MRCVS. The team is completed by our highly qualified exotic species veterinary nurses Kati Heddington RVN C&GVNES, and Laura Warren Wildlife Conservation BSc(Hons) DipRVN C&GVNES who between them have worked with exotic species team for more than 15 years.
The exotic suite is designed with the utmost care for the needs of the species that we see, and includes:
- Separate dedicated ward for exotic species
- Specialist hospitalisation equipment, including vivaria, large accommodation facilities for bonded companions and aquaria for aquatic species
- State-of-the-art exotic surgical suite with specialist equipment for use exclusively on our patients for soft tissue, orthopaedic, neutering and dental procedures, to name just a few.
- Full diagnostics with onsite laboratory, digital x-ray, CT scanner, endoscopy and ultrasound, as well as access to an MRI
- We are proud to be an RWAF gold accredited practice.
24 hour care for exotic species – patient referral service
We understand how important it is to have access to exotic referrals day and night and we have developed a full time referral service
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Triage, hospitalisation and nursing care overnight
- Emergency surgery or treatment as appropriate