Our cardiology team will form an essential service to add to our hospital. Cardiovascular health directly impacts most of our other Specialist services and therefore the Cardiology team will be working closely alongside many of our other specialist teams as well as managing a wide variety of their own cases. The cardiology team will be accepting referrals in murmur investigation, whether congenital or acquired, breathing difficulties, exercise intolerance, collapsing episodes and arrhythmias.
- Echocardiography with spectral and colour flow Doppler.
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Holter monitoring
- Pacemaker programming and follow-up
- Digital thoracic radiography and computed tomography (CT).
- Blood pressure measurement
We are also proud to be able to provide the following procedures:
- Pacemaker implantation
- Balloon dilation for pulmonic stenosis
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) occlusion (either minimally invasively or open-chest surgery by our soft tissue surgeons)
- Pericardectomy (by our soft tissue surgery team)
- Cardioversion (in case of atrial fibrillation)