Cardiovascular health directly impacts most of our other Specialist services. Therefore the cardiology team works closely alongside many of our other Specialist teams as well as managing a wide variety of their own cases. The team accepts referrals in murmur investigation, whether congenital or acquired, breathing difficulties, exercise intolerance, collapsing episodes and arrhythmias.
- Echocardiography with spectral and colour flow Doppler.
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Holter monitoring
- Pacemaker programming and follow-up
- Digital thoracic radiography and computed tomography (CT).
- Blood pressure measurement
We are also proud to be able to provide the following procedures:
- Pacemaker implantation
- Balloon dilation for pulmonic stenosis
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) occlusion (either minimally invasively or open-chest surgery by our soft tissue surgeons)
- Pericardectomy (by our soft tissue surgery team)
- Cardioversion (in case of atrial fibrillation)